How have you guys been? I feel like i haven’t blogged in forever but i assure you there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for why i haven’t posted your next craving fix in a few weeks but relief is on the way!
I have been soooo busy lately working on new content for you guys! New business ventures have opened up for me and to top it off i have been knee-deep in my 30 day KendralaFoodie clean eats challenge. So lets start with that, shall we! Well its been nearly three weeks since i started the challenge and guys i have lost a whopping thirteen pounds…yassss, you read correctly…13 pounds! Wholy Guacamole, i never thought i would see results so fast! No, i haven’t been counting calories, counting carbs, counting macros or starving myself. No, i haven’t been taking some magic weight loss pill (unless you count green tea extract and a glass of water with Bragg’s apple cider vinegar before bed) no, i haven’t done an elimination diet per say (although i have definitely eliminated processed sugar from my diet with drastic results.) No i haven’t gone vegan, gluten-free or started a fasting diet! NO NO! I simply have implemented clean eating…plain and simple! I am a balanced eater, so i haven’t been super-duper strict on never eating a tiny bit of the forbidden foods but i have been very cautious and eat clean 98% of the time barring a treat or two in moderation. 75% of my meals include LOTS of high-quality lean proteins, organic vegetables and fruits and a ton of WATER! I also consume a very small amount of complex carbohydrates through the day and i have reduced them down to about 25% of my daily caloric intake. I have cut out processed sugars and only consume rice or sprouted bread occasionally, replacing them with grain-free as opposed to gluten-free where possible. 1.5 weeks left in the challenge and i will post my full results than but this has been a lifestyle change so i will continue to eat like this after the challenge as well. Additionally, i have some cool things in the works currently. I have started writing two books to be released this year which has kept me very occupied so that will be a special treat for you dear friends coming soon, so stay tuned!
Now, lets talk about this delicious soup guys! It is sooooo yummy and i know you will love it! It is very low in carbs and high in protein, veggies and flava! Yes, it does contain dairy but guys a little dairy is good for everybody here or there and always good for me…i looove dairy! I have been consuming it regularly and since i have significantly reduced carbs and eliminated processed sugars, i now realize casein was not the culprit for me, but if you are casein sensitive i totally understand and you may be able to play around with some alternatives to tailor this recipe to your liking. Vegetarian friends, you can double up the pinto beans and add artichokes which would be ah-mazing as well and just omit the chicken. Meat lovers, you can swap out chicken for ground beef from time to time to make it like a cheesy chili which is a nice alternative and low-carb, gluten-free folks this should be right up your alley. Dont you just love how i’m for the people…i always have something for everybody!
Until next time foodies….leave me a comment on how you liked this recipe, alternatives for this recipe that would fit your lifestyle or what you think about my weight-loss challenge results thus far. Any recipe requests you would like to see next? Let me know. Enjoy!
” A simple & delicious soup full of chicken, spinach, queso dip & southwestern flavors!”
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 cans pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 onion (1 cup), chopped
- 1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles, undrained
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno or roasted chili peppers,finely chopped
- 2 tbs garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen chopped spinach, steamed or cooked
- 2 15 ou jars of medium queso cheese dip
- 2 cups free range chicken stock (1/2 a box)
- 3 tablespoons or 1 packet taco seasoning
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Tortilla Chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit and lightly spray a large baking sheet or casserole dish with olive oil or cooking spray then add your chicken breasts or chicken breast tenderloins and cook for about twenty minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- In a large dutch oven or cast iron pot start by cooking your onions on medium-high heat in a tablespoon of olive oil until softened, in the meanwhile start roughly chopping your chicken or shredding it if you prefer.
- Place your chicken in the pot with the onions and season well with taco seasoning than mix well.
- Add your can of diced tomatoes, chilies and jalapeno, spinach and garlic. Combine well and cook for about a minute or two. Then add your jars of queso, cooked spinach and your chicken stock. Mix very well to incorporate and taste for seasonings. Lastly add your can of pinto beans and gently incorporate into your soup. Bring the soup to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for about fifteen minutes.
- Garnish with a little cilantro and serve hot with crisp and delicious tortilla chips and you have a meal. Delicioso!