I love Mexican food my friends & so does everyone else! I haven’t found a single person that i have ever encountered who didn’t like Mexican food! So my friends here’s a quick tip for you… next time you have a gathering make Mexican/ Tex-Mex or Southwestern food because it’s sure to be a hit that everyone will want seconds & thirds of! I really like refried beans & this recipe is an even more flavorful spin on traditional refried beans. It’s full of all types of yumminess. Best part is it’s meatless & low carb! If you can’t have cheese just leave it out it’s still delicious but im of the mindset that cheese taste good on just about everything & I’m lactose sensitive but I love cheese so I’m eating it dangitt…Lol!
This dip is so flavorful & delicious! Use it in recipes like bean burritos, my southwestern shephereds pie, drizzled on chili dogs or smeared on tostados, nachos or tortilla chips!
- 16 ounce can of refried beans, my favorite brand is Rosarita’s
- 1 cup chunky salsa, medium not picante
- 1 to 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce
- 4 ounce can of green chiles
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- Chopped cilantro as garnish (optional)
- 1/2 block cream cheese, softened (optional)
- 1 cup grated Cheddar or Colby Jack
- Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
In a medium skillet or sauce pan over medium heat with a little olive oil, cook your onions with a little bit of the taco seasoning and saute about three minutes or until softened. Next add your refried beans, cream cheese and salsa to the pan and break down with a wooden spoon, mixing well. Now add in all the other ingredients and mix thourghly also tasting for seasoning adjusting if needes. Cook on medium-low until heated through. Serve hot and store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week although I doubt there will be any left. It’s amazing!!!