Have you ever seen a more beautiful breakfast sandwich in your life foodies! This breakfast took me straight to a cafe in Milan, Italy with its gourmet flair! I wish I could take credit for this masterpiece but it yet again was a breakfast straight from the heart created by Chef Jamin my husband.
It is quick & simple to assemble and loaded with the flavors of garlic, tomato & pesto which makes anything it touches a culinary masterpiece. Trust me when I say you guys are gonna…love….this…recipe❤.
*serves 4 toasts perfect for a couple
Recipe contributed by Jamin White
- 4 slices of quality sandwich bread, Italian multigrain, or speciality sandwich bread would be perfect
- 4 large eggs, if using big slices of bread be sure to double your eggs so they fill the bread
- 1/2 cup quality marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup pesto, jarred or fresh (optional)
- Fresh mozzarella or 1/2 mozzarella block, sliced
- Kosher salt or Cajun seasoning, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme or Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (optional)
- Olive Oil & butter for cooking
For the garlic butter
- 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened not melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of freshly minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and herbs and mix well.
- Prepare your garlic butter as directed above and set aside.
- In a large heated skillet coated with 1 tablespoon butter and a drizzle of olive oil, crack each egg one by one neatly and begin to fry over medium-high heat. Season with Cajun or kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder and dried herbs. Turn over eggs and gently press them down to allow the yolk to cook. Cook gently until yolk is firm or to desired consistency if you desire your yolk slightly undercooked. Adjust the heat if necessary so as to gently fry them and to ensure they don’t burn. Top with mozzarella when they are almost done and cover to melt the cheese then remove from heat.
- To assemble the sandwiches, toast your bread and immediately spread with a little garlic butter. Top the garlic toast with a tablespoon of marinara sauce then fresh spinach leaves. Serve one or two eggs per garlic toast depending on the size of your bread. Top with pesto and enjoy immediately!