Guys….you are in for a treat this morning! My amazing hubs surprised me with a most delicious & healthy breakfast today. We have all been a little under the weather lately and oatmeal was becoming quite a bland bowl of oats yet again. So yesterday I surprised him with one of his favorites…pancakes! Low and behold, he had something up his sleeve as well…..These amazing breakfast tacos!
They were INCREDIBLE and on top of that had a few secret ingredients I couldn’t put my fingers on that took the flavor out of this world! We love to do fusion recipes to incorporate our love of international cuisine and he showcased it in this simple yet scrumptious breakfast taco. Pictures could not capture the deliciousness that is this taco! Perfectly seasoned scrambled eggs & sautéed veggies with Sazon Seasoning to kick the flavor up a notch, spoonfuls of pesto to add depth and drizzled on Siricha! Wow….packed a punch! My husband is Chef J & will be a regular contributor to this blog so be sure to check out his recipes as well. His food style will knock your socks off and thank you my love for a perfect meal, you really known how to steal a foodies heart!
Recipe by Contributor Jamin White
*serves 4 small or 2 large breakfast tacos
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups assorted bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms, washed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of pesto; jarred or fresh
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 small or 2 large soft flour tortillas, warmed or grilled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sazon all-purpose seasoning (found in the hispanic section of most grocery stores) (see my recipe for homemade Sazon seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic & herb seasoning or (equal parts garlic powder, oregano and a pinch of red pepper flakes combined)
- Siricha Sauce to garnish & Cilantro
- In a large bowl crack six eggs with 3/4 cups milk, a pinch of salt, 1/2 tablespoon garlic and herb seasoning and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper and whisk to beat well.
- In a large skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil saute all your chopped veggies until softened, about five minutes then add in your minced garlic and saute for one minute longer and season well with Sazon seasoning and 2 tablespoons of pesto and mix well. Watch your veggies closely to ensure they don’t burn and remain soft, reduce heat as necessary. Remove veggies to a plate and start on the eggs.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt 2 tablespoons butter then add egg mixture. Scramble slowly to create fluffy & creamy scrambled eggs. Taste for seasoning.
- To assemble your tacos grill or warm your soft tortillas them scoop in your fluffy scrambled eggs and top with your flavorful veggies. Drizzle lightly with Sriacha sauce and fresh cilantro and enjoy immediately!